1. Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand’s beloved capital, is an urban jungle full of shopping delights in every corner. Showcasing everything imaginable, Bangkok’s shopping scene runs the gamut of ultra stylish malls to electrifying street bazaars.
Where to shop in Bangkok:
- Chatuchak: A weekend market, lauded as the world’s largest market, with a staggering collection of over 14,000 stalls.
- Siam Paragon Mall or MBK: For a more lavish shopping experience.
2. Singapore, Singapore
Whether you are in the mood for sidling down its side streets (looking for a bargain) or sashaying through a handful of massive malls, the city of Singapore will surely satiate your lust for shopping.
Where to shop in Singapore:
- Arab Street, Little India, and China: Local crafts
- Orchard Road: Upscale shopping
3. Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong is truly a perfect destination for shoppers who have terrific haggling skills. From fashionable goods and open market buys to high-tech electronics, you will find a glut of pretty cheap and interesting stuff in Hong Kong.
Where to shop in Hong Kong:
- Tsim Sha Tsui: A frenzied urban area with stands and shops selling a myriad of items like clothes, luggage, watches, shoes and a whole lot more.
- Central area: An ideal shopping venue for those looking for elegant clothing.
4. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Voted by CNN travel as the world’s fourth best shopping destination, Kuala Lumpur beckons ritzy shoppers with its wealth in mammoth malls. Although KL doesn’t feature a lot of energetic street markets, it remains one of the best and most sought-after shopping destinations in Asia.
Where to shop in Kuala Lumpur:
- Suria KLCC
- Mid Valley Megamall
- Pavilion Shopping Mall
5. Tokyo, Japan
The city of Tokyo, with its infinite shopping options, is hands down the undisputed star of Asia’s buzzing shopping circuit. Known as one of the cosmetic and fashion centers in the Orient, Tokyo offers an endless array of intriguing and souvenirs and items, including kimonos, antique furniture, and funky fashions. What’s more, the city is famous for its specialty items, such as Pokemon and Hello Kitty goods, as well as comics and anime. As a home to the world’s largest electronic industries, Tokyo also offers the latest cutting-edge gadgets and electronics on the market today.
Where to shop in Tokyo:
- Ginza: Department stores and upscale boutiques
- Kanda: Bookstores
- Aoyama and Omotesando: High-end fashion
- Shibuya and Harajuku: Trendy clothing
- Akihabara: Electronics